Did you know 4 out of 10 school children are affected by allergies? So it’s really no surprise that, every year, 2 million school days are missed due to seasonal and indoor allergies. But what may surprise you is that the effects of allergies can be much more significant than a lost day of school: symptoms during the day can impede focus and result in learning problems, while symptoms at night can cause sleep loss and lead to daytime drowsiness, making it even more difficult for your child to function well during the school day. Fortunately, non-drowsy anti-histamines like Children’s Claritin® Grape Chewables can help provide all-day relief from runny noses, itchy, watery eyes and other allergy symptoms. Your kids work hard all day — their allergy medicine should, too!
I was so fortunate to receive a package of Children’s Claritin® Grape Chewables through Bzz Agent. My oldest chitlen always has dark under eye circles. The pediatrician says it's definitely allergy related. Sometimes they range from a little to almost like she has been hit in the eye. I like my Pediatrician for not prescribing her something, but also saying that if it is bad certain days than others, to treat it with over the counter medication like Children’s Claritin® Grape Chewables. She said to not take allergy medicine everyday, but when it's hindering her behavior or productiveness, then for sure give her something.
- Only Children’s Claritin® provides powerful all-day relief for a child’s worst indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms without making him jittery or drowsy*
- Children’s Claritin® is the #1 pediatrician recommended non-drowsy allergy brand
- One dose lasts the whole school day
- Claritin® has a variety of forms for children:
|Claritin® Products for Children||For Kids Ages…||Available Flavor(s)||Available sizes|
|Chewables||2 and up||Grape||10 and 20 count boxes|
|Syrup||2 and up||Grape and Fruit Flavors||2 oz bottles and 4 oz bottles|
|RediTabs® Tablets, in 12- and 24-hour (no water needed, dissolves in seconds)**||6 and up||(no aftertaste)||10 count boxes|
It's also hard trying to figure out if what the kids have are allergies or simply a cold. With this handy chart, no there is no more guessing!
Is it a cold, or allergy?
Allergy symptoms can look like a common cold. To help decide if it’s an allergy or a cold, watch out for these symptoms:
Here are some helpful tips on managing allergies at home:
- Keep windows closed — because most pollen is carried by the wind, it’s in the air everywhere
- Keep your house smoke-fee — irritants like tobacco smoke can intensify allergy symptoms
- Change or clean air filters regularly — help furnace and air conditioning filters keep out more allergens by cleaning them once a month
- Keep your pet away from carpeted rooms, sleeping areas, upholstered furniture and other places where it becomes difficult or impossible to remove dander
- Remove drapes, stuffed animals, pet bedding, upholstered furniture and even carpeting from your child’s bedroom to help minimize dust mites
- Have your child shower and change clothes after playing outdoors — outside allergens and pollen can collect on the skin, hair and clothing
- Inform others about your child’s allergies — discuss your child’s condition with the school nurse, teachers, coaches and any other people with whom your child has regular contact