Known as Souplantation in Southern California and Sweet Tomatoes in Northern California, the Mid-West and East Coast regions, the restaurant provides fresh, made-from-scratch, wholesome and high-quality foods at an affordable all-you-care-to-eat price in a fast casual dining environment. Sweet Tomatoes specializes in soups and salads featuring all natural ingredients. The menu is built around freshly made, great-tasting and nutritious recipes showcased on a 55-foot salad bar laden with fresh, seasonal produce and tossed salads prepared exhibition-style every 20 minutes. The unlimited selection also features made-from-scratch soups, hot pastas, hand-crafted muffins, Focaccia, breads, and desserts which provide guests with a wide variety of both healthy foods and delicious indulgences.
I was so excited to take the family down the hill to the nearest Souplantation. Our closest restaurant is about 30 minutes away, but so well worth the trip! We received a couple complimentary buffet certificates that included as many trips down the salad bar and soup bar we wanted. When you enter through the front doors of Souplantation you are welcomed by the wonderful aroma of freshly baked breads, homemade salads and soups, delicious dessert concoctions and an abundance of fresh fruit. My absolute favorite prepared salad is the Won Ton Chicken Happiness. Complete with won tons, yummy chicken and a delicious dressing-- you can't go wrong!
Go further along the salad bar and you get to make your own salad to fit your tastes! Add in some grilled chicken if you like or perhaps some of your favorite cheeses. Delicious!
My favorite soups has to be the Big Chunk Chicken Noodle and the amazing French Onion Soup. Each different in their own way, but both fabulous!
I love that Souplantation (or Sweet Tomatoes-- depending on where you live) is inexpensive, healthy, has many locations, and is family friendly. If you have picky eaters (our youngest is one of those), Souplantation is a perfect find! The kids will for sure find something yummy they will love! Macaroni and Cheese, yogurt, pudding, pizza, muffins... there's bound to be something the kids will enjoy!
Fun Facts:• In 2008, they served 12,750,000 blueberry muffins.
• In 2008, they served 8,891,784 cornbread muffins.
• In 2008, they served 803,516 gallons of homemade chicken noodle
• In 2008, they used 137,176 cases of Romaine lettuce.
• They prepare over 4,578,713 fresh tossed salads ANNUALLY.
• Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes’ famous original chicken noodle soup
recipe came from founder Ron Demery’s grandmother’s family recipe
and is still made the old fashioned way!
Would you like to give Souplantation a try? Go to Souplantation's website and find your nearest location!
One lucky TicTacDough reader will win passes to eat at Souplantation
(beverages not included)
MANDATORY ENTRY: Go to the Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes website and tell me one dish you would love to try there! (you must be a TicTacDough friend in order to win)
EXTRA ENTRIES: (Please leave a comment for each extra entry!)
- Vote for TicTacDough on Top Mommy Blogs once everyday! (simply click on the button on the top of the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY per day
- Grab my button from the sidebar and post it on your blog (Please leave me your blog url)- 2 ENTRIES
- Grab the new Endless Summer button from the sidebar and post it on your blog (Please leave me your blog url)- 2 ENTRIES
- Follow TicTacDough on Twitter– 1 ENTRY
- Follow Souplantation on Twitter-- 1 ENTRY
- Tweet about the giveaway-- 1 ENTRY
#Win @Souplantation Sweet Tomatoes Certificates! @tictacdoughshop #giveaways http://tinyurl.com/273tw2d #endlesssummer #healthy #FOOD
- Subscribe to my blog – 2 ENTRIES
- "Like" TicTacDough on Facebook-- 1 ENTRY
- "Like" Souplantation on Facebook AND post a comment on their wall about this giveaway! 1 ENTRY
- Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
- Contest will close at 12 noon. PST on June 15th, 2010
- Contest open to US Residents!
Thank you for entering and Good Luck! For questions about entering, please see the giveaway rules. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine. A special thanks to Souplantation for participating in a giveaway!