Peeps Sunflower Cake Recipe
Bethany Eledge Cleveland, Tennessee “The inspiration for this cake came from one of my favorite flowers, the sunflower. The yellow peeps make eye-catching flower petals, and I carefully placed chocolate chips in a circular pattern to resemble the seeds in the middle of a sunflower. This cake is easy, but looks quite impressive."
- 12 Servings
- Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully remove waxed paper.
- Level tops of cakes. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.
- Without separating Peeps and curving slightly to fit, arrange chicks around edge of cake for sunflower petals. For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
*Peeps Sunflower Cake published in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p67