Remember being a kid trying to learn to ride a bike? Teetering back and forth on your training wheels until your dad finally took them off. Then the endless falls began, until finally your balance kicked in. This potentially dangerous scenario is all too common and it scares many kids into not wanting to ride bikes! Sad, but true.
GlideBikes, is an American manufacturer of the popular European balance bike, has the solution to this problem. A balance bike is a smaller, lower bicycle (starting at 12” seat height) with no pedals that is constructed in a way that will allow children starting at two years old to learn two-wheel balance. Kids learn to balance safely without tears or training wheels and can start slowly by “walking” the bike without pedals getting in the way. Within a short period of time, they are confidently gliding along, balancing upright on two wheels.
GlideBikes also feature strategically-placed foot pegs that allow children to feel comfortable when gliding, much like resting your feet on actual bike pedals.
There are three GlideBike models for children of all ages:
· The Mini Glider (ages 2-5, up to 100 lbs.)
· The Go Glider (ages 5-10, up to 125 lbs.)
· The Super Glider (Ages 10 +, up to 250 lbs. and perfect for older special needs children)
We received a GlideBike recently and it has been super for my oldest daughter Hannah. She has tried learning to ride a bike on training wheels, but when we went to take them off, she completely lost it! She is the type that has to try something and do it perfectly the first time or else tears occur. She is very hard on herself. But by using the GlideBike, she is learning to balance one revolution of the wheel at a time-- so theoretically, when we transition her to her regular bicycle, she will be able to balance and ride.
The GlideBikes start at $99.99 for the Mini Glider. I great price for peace of mind (and your sanity).GlideBikes are sold at retailers throughout the USA or online at Glidebikes.com !
or you can win one for your son or daughter here!
One lucky reader will win a GlideBike of their choice!
Go to GlideBikes and pick out the size of GlideBike and color you would like to win!
You must be a TicTacDough Google Friend and leave your email address in order to win!)
EXTRA ENTRIES: (Please leave a comment for each extra entry!)
- Vote for TicTacDough on Top Mommy Blogs once everyday! (simply click on the button on the top of the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY per day
- Grab my buttons from the sidebar and post them on your blog (Please leave me your blog url)- 2 ENTRIES PER BUTTON
- Follow TicTacDough on Twitter– 1 ENTRY
- Follow GlideBikes on Twitter-- 1 ENTRY
- Tweet about the giveaway-- 1 ENTRY per day
Help your #kids learn to ride a bike! #Win a @GlideBike! @tictacdoughblog #giveaways http://tinyurl.com/375loq4
- Subscribe to my blog – 2 ENTRIES
- Sign up for their newsletter-- send an email rainbowswirlz [!at] gmail.com with "SUBSCRIBE" in the subject line-- 2 ENTRIES
- "Like" TicTacDough on Facebook-- 1 ENTRY
- "Like" GlideBikes on Facebook --Please leave a comment on their wall that you were sent from TicTacDough!-- 1 ENTRY
- Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 EXTRA ENTRIES
- Contest will close at 12 noon. PST on August 22nd, 2010
- Contest open to US residents!!
Thank you for entering and Good Luck! For questions about entering, please see the giveaway rules. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.-- I was given the product complimentary from GlideBikes. A special thanks to GlideBikes for participating in a review and giveaway!